Whenever possible, I fly with just a carry-on. I never have to worry about lost baggage, it forces me to pare down what I pack, and there’s no annoying wait at baggage claim.
Taking just one suitcase on a trip means that every. single. item. has to be useful and kind of amazing. Space is valuable when you travel with 4+ pairs of shoes, okay?
Obviously, you’re going to need a few basics (ID, sunglasses, magazine, headphones, etc.), but I’ve also found some new products recently that have made my trips even better. Because when you’re stuck in a cramped seat next to a bunch of people who may or may not sneeze on you, you need little luxuries.
My Newest Carry-On Essentials:
- – It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Blush in Mauve-A-Lous Darling: This super hydrating gloss + stain combo is clutch for stepping off your flight looking amazing. The shade is on trend for fall and it lasts forever on your lips.
- – Marc Jacobs Glow Stick: Planes dry out your skin and make 99% of the population look tired and not so hot. Giselle and Gigi are probably the 1%. This highlighter stick is TSA-friendly, easy to tote around, and completely idiot-proof for jet lagged days and highlighting on the go. Just swipe on and blend with your fingers.
- – Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age-Defying Exfoliator: Does anyone else get the urge to scrub their whole face and body after traveling? This is either the first thing I reach for when I make it to my hotel room, or a product I’ll use during a long flight.
- – Chapstick Lip Butter in Pink Grapefruit: These new lip butters are an updated classic. Pink Grapefruit is super refreshing, and I also love the Mint + Green Tea flavor. They are cheap enough so you won’t cry if you lose one, too.
- – Clinique Moisture Surge: If it seems like there are a lot of skincare additions to my carry-on for fall….well, there are. My skin takes a beating during travel anyway, and lower temperatures mean you’ve gotta step up your skincare regime. This cult classic provides lightweight and long-lasting hydration.
- – Yogi Tulsi Spiced Berry Immune Support Tea: Remember those sneezing people? Yeah, flu season makes travel a bit more harrowing. I always get hot water from the flight attendants and brew this when I travel!
Those are just a few of my latest additions. Shop the products above and more of my carry-on essentials here:
Do you switch up your packing list with the seasons? What are your carry-on essentials?